Best Healing Herbs, Spices and Natural Foods
- Hair Care - one of the best natural nutrients for your hair. Helps promote healthy growth of hair and is effective in reducing protein loss
- Heart diseases - its high content of lauric acid helps to manage conditions such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Skin care - acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skin, including dry skin.
- Weight loss - contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight.
- Strengthens Immune System - contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Digestion - prevents various stomach and digestion-related problems including Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Healing infections - applied to infected areas, coconut oil speeds up the healing process of damaged tissues and forms a chemical layer that protects the infected body part from external dust, air, fungi, bacteria and viruses.
- Candida - provides relief from the inflammation caused
by candida. Its capacity to retain moisture keeps the
skin from cracking or peeling. More
Surprise, surprise... who would have thought the coconut would make this list but it deserves to be here.
Known as the Miracle tree in the Philippines, Malunggay or
moringa has been been gaining international attention for
being a "superfood" rich in nutrients and minerals.
- 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges
- 3 times more potassium that bananas
- 4 times more Vitamin A than carrots
- 2 times more protein and 4 times more calcium than milk.
Mulunggay contains more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. According to Moringaling Philippines Foundation Inc, pound for pound, malunggay has...
Turmeric Plant contains an antioxidant compound called
curcumin that has special abilities to protect your brain.
If you love curry, then youíre likely getting a fair amount
of this spice as itís what gives curry itís bright yellow
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
- Increases Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
- Helps Prevent Cancer
- Helps Prevent and Treats Alzheimerís Disease
- Helps Control Arthritis
Research has shown that curcumin may help inhibit the accumulation of destructive beta-amyloids in the brain of Alzheimer's patients, as well as break up existing plaques. Recent animal research suggests another bioactive compound in turmeric called aromatic-turmerone can increase neural stem cell growth in the brain by as much as 80 percent at certain concentrations.
Other Health Benefits